NEPTUNE COMMERCIAL HIGH PERFORMANCE TURBINE METER
Neptune High Performance (HP) Turbine meters provide one of the largest flow ranges for turbine meters. They are specifically designed to monitor moderate to high flow rate applications like manufacturing facilities, processing plants, and custody transfer applications.
Sizes 1 ½”, 2", 3", 4", 6", 8", and 10"
High Performance Turbine water meters provide an extremely wide flow range
Maximum continuous flow rates may be exceeded by as much as 25% for intermittent periods allowing all HP Turbine water meters to meet or exceed the latest performance and accuracy requirements of AWWA C701.
Each HP Turbine consists of a strong, lead-free, high-copper alloy maincase, an AWWA Class II turbine measuring element, and a roll-sealed register. The maincase is corrosion-resistant, lightweight, and compact. Inlet and outlet connections are both flanged. Strainers are available to prevent debris from entering the meter and to reduce the effects of uneven water flow due to upstream piping variations.
The unitized measuring element (UME) allows for quick, easy, in-line interchangeability. A specially-designed assembly permits water volume to be measured accurately at all flows. The hydrodynamically-balanced, thrust-compensated rotor relieves pressure on the thrust bearings to minimize wear while providing sustained accuracy over its extended operating life. Direct coupling of the rotor to the gear train eliminates revenue loss due to slippage during fast starts and line surges. A calibration fin allows in-field calibration of the UME to lengthen service life and to ensure accurate registration.
The roll-sealed register eliminates leaking and fogging. A magnetic drive couples the register with the measuring element.
The HP Turbine water meter is designed for applications where flow rates are consistently moderate to high.
The HP Turbine water meter is adaptable to all present and future systems providing flexibility.
- Magnetic drive, low-torque registration ensures accuracy
- Impact-resistant register design with flat glass for readability
- 1:1 ratio, low-flow indicator identifies leaks
- Bayonet mount allows in-line serviceability
- Tamperproof seal pin deters theft
- Date of manufacture, size, and model stamped on dial face
Lead Free Maincase
- Made from lead free high copper alloy
- NSF/ANSI 61, Annex G certified and Annex F compliant
- Compact design is lightweight and easy to handle
- Sturdy, durable, corrosion-resistant
- Resists internal pressure stresses and external damage
- Residual value
Turbine Measuring Element
- Excellent low-flow sensitivity and wide flow ranges available at 98.5% - 101.5% accuracy
- Direct coupling of rotor to gear train prevents slippage and ensures accurate registration
- Interchangeable measuring element allows for in-line service
- Hydrodynamically-balanced rotor
- Reusable O-ring gasket on 3” - 10” sizes
- Application: cold water measurement of flow in one direction
- Maximum operating pressure: 175 psi (1206 kPa)
- Maximum operating temperature: 80° F
- Register: direct reading, center sweep, roll-sealed, magnetic drive with low-flow indicator
- Measuring element: AWWA Class II Turbine, hydrodynamically-balanced rotor
Units of measure
U.S. gallons, imperial gallons, cubic feet, cubic metres
- Direct reading: Bronze box and cover (standard)
- Remote reading systems*: ARB V, ProRead, E-Coder)R900i, E-Coder, TRICON/S, TRICON/E3 Reclaim
- 1 1⁄2” and 2” (oval): bronze or cast iron
- 3”, 4”, 6”: bronze or cast iron
- 8” and 10”: cast iron
- 1 1⁄2”- 6” NSF/ANSI 61 lead free high copper alloy
- 1½”-10” NSF/ANSI 61 lead free Rilsan® nylon-coated ductile iron
* Consult factory for meter performance specifications when fitted with ARB.